Thank you for your interest in joining one of the largest and most respected not-for-profit organizations in the nation serving young people. As a Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence County employee, you will affect the lives of our youth by being a positive role model and providing high-quality and innovative programs and services.
Please visit the link below for a printable application. Complete and return your application to the Limestone Building during our normal hours of operation - 3:00PM - 6:00PM, Monday thru Friday.
Please send Letter of Interest and Resume to:
TITLE: Front Counter Personnel
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Youth Development Professional
REPORTS TO: Limestone Unit Director
r Exempt x Non-Exempt
Greets and signs members in and out on a daily basis, enter membership data into Visions software, and protects the lives of the youth by ensuring safety at all time for the youth served.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Accurately sign in members as they report after school.
- Accurately sign out members as they are picked up after school.
- Accurately enter membership data into our Visions database system.
- Must be certain that all children picked up are done so by an authorized person.
- Prevent all entry by adults past the front counter without that person signing in and declaring their purpose and receiving a visitor’s badge.
- Utilize check-in software and sign-out sheet to show the accurate number of members in the building.
- Announce clearly and concisely what member is to report to the front counter.
- Answer the telephone in a polite and helpful manner and direct calls to the appropriate person.
- Represent a warm and welcoming feeling when all members, parents and visitors come into the BGC.
- Must keep front counter area in clean and organized manner at all times as it represents a person’s first impression of the club.
- Always be a positive influence on the children of the club.
- Accurately reconcile all monies collected and prepare daily deposit sheet.
- Warm friendly personality
- Thorough knowledge of youth development
- Ability to organize and keep a high traffic area clean of debris & trash
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time…phone calls, visitors, members leaving, etc.
- Ability to be assertive enough to stop adults from entering the Club without proper processes followed including proper identification for authorized parent/guardians.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
ENVIRONEMENT & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to type & use a computer
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. May perform other duties as assigned by the Limestone Unit Director, Director of Operations and Chief Professional Officer.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO CARRY OUT THE ABOVE-STATED JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
Chief Professional Officer Date
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Click HERE for Application